Dr. Angela P. Matthews, Urgent Care Physician at Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group, has been selected to join the Physician Board at the American Health Council. She will be sharing her knowledge and expertise in Family Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine.
With over eight years of experience in the field of Family Medicine, Dr. Matthews offers valuable insight in her role as an Urgent Care Physician at Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group. Established in 1981, Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group provides health care to the neighboring communities with three locations in Austintown, Boardman, and Cortland, Ohio. Staffed with over a group of fifteen physicians specializing in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, and Endocrinology, Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group offers cost-effective, high quality, and compassionate health care.
In her current capacity as an Urgent Care Physician at Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group since 2012, Dr. Matthews’ day-to-day responsibilities include treating a variety of conditions such as : abdominal pain, common colds, burns, women’s health issues, back pain, lacerations, fractures, chest pain, head injuries, and rashes.
Following graduation with her medical degree from Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2009, Dr. Matthews completed an internship and residency at St. Joseph Health Center. Among her many accolades, Dr. Matthews is currently a part owner and partner at Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group.
To keep abreast of the latest in the industry, Dr. Matthews maintains affiliations with The American Osteopathic Association, The Ohio State Medical Association, The Ohio Osteopathic Association, and The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians.
Dr. Matthews became fascinated by the field of Family Medicine after becoming inspired through the selfless acts of her mother, who serves as a nurse. After shadowing several physicians in various fast-paced medical offices, she realized that she enjoyed the challenge of the field. Looking back, Dr. Matthews attributes her success to the support from her family and friends, as well as from the support of her pastor and church congregation at Greater Bethel Apostolic Church. She lives by the scripture in Proverbs 3:5-6 which states, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
In her free time, Dr. Matthews enjoys spending time with her family and friends as well as traveling. She volunteers with The Links, Incorporated, which is one of the nation’s oldest and largest volunteer service organizations which focuses on enriching, sustaining, and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African ancestry.
Considering the future, Dr. Matthews hopes to grow the Urgent Care Practice by providing excellent care and utilizing evidence-based medicine to do so.
Share this entry
Urgent Care Physician at Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group
- Established in 1981, Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group provides health care to the neighboring communities with three locations in Austintown, Boardman, or Cortland, Ohio.
- Staffed with over a group of fifteen physicians specializing in Internal Medicine, Family Practice and Endocrinology, Trumbull Mahoning Medical Group offers cost-effective, high quality, and compassionate health care.
- Our Cortland office has a full-service pharmacy that is open to the public.
- We have provided Urgent Care services to the public for over 25 years at the same location.
- A dynamic model of the marriage market-part 1: matching algorithm based on age preference and availability. 2013. PubMed
- A dynamic model of the marriage market-Part 2: simulation of marital states and application to empirical data. 2013. PubMed
- Modelling HIV and MTB co-infection including combined treatment strategies.2012. PubMed
- Fitting the HIV epidemic in Zambia: a two-sex micro-simulation model.2009. PubMed
- Computational modelling of the impact of AIDS on business. 2007. PubMed