With over 60 years in the healthcare industry, including 45 years in his current role as CEO of the Shealy-Sorin Wellness Institute in Springfield, MO, Dr. C. Norman Shealy is being elected by the American Health Council as “Best in Medicine” for his countless feats within Psychology – including Education, Research, Patient Care, and Therapy.
Obtaining his MD in 1956 from Duke University School of Medicine, Dr. C. Norman Shealy also holds his PhD in Psychology from Saybrook Institute (1977), as well as a Doctorate of Science from Ryodoraku Research Institute of North America (1979). He spent over 3 years at Western Reserve Medical School, where his research ultimately led to both Dorsal Column Stimulation and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS™), both which are currently used worldwide to aid the control of pain.
Dr. Shealy is the founder of Shealy-Sorin Wellness Institute and one of the world’s leading experts in natural chronic pain relief solutions. He was the first physician to specialize in the resolution of chronic pain. A pioneer in developing safe and effective treatments such as Biogenics, he founded, in 1971, the first comprehensive pain and stress management facility in the country, Shealy Wellness, respected world-wide for its innovative and successful rehabilitation approaches in over 30,000 patients. Now with with his successor, Dr. Sergey Sorin, Shealy-Sorin Wellness Institute continues to lead and treat patients with proven alternative non-evasive cures to control and eliminate pain and the growing pandemic of pharmaceuticals.
At the International Institute of Holistic Medicine, Dr. Shealy engages in daily responsibilities, including the education of biofeedback, behavior modification, biogenetics, and various treatments for chronic pain.
Appearing on numerous TV programs throughout the country, Dr. Shealy has been featured on the Joan Rivers Program, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and Oprah, along with local television and radio programs. Since 1971, he has lectured worldwide at hundreds of medical schools, hospitals, and churches with up to 100 appearances each year.
Dr. Shealy has been garnered with numerous professional awards and honors throughout his career, including the AHMA’s Holistic Person of the Year Award (1985), the Stress Award from American Institute of Stress (1997), the Pearl Award from Bio-Medical Synergistics Education Institute (2000), and the Surgeon English Humanitarian Award from Temple University (2002). He also stands as the First President of the American Holistic Medical Association (1978-1980).
An author of over 312 scientific publications, Dr. Shealy is honored to have written 36 books, and has served on many national advisory and editorial boards. He is credited with the invention of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator, spinal cord stimulator, and radiofrequency ablation.
In his spare time, Dr. Shealy enjoys conducting research, teaching, and writing. He plans on continuing working with Dr. Sergey Sorin, his successor to his current practice.
Source: Shealy Wellness
Share this entry
CEO of Shealy-Sorin Wellness Institute
- Shealy-Sorin Wellness Institute offers a comprehensive approach that includes, especially in acute situations, appropriate drugs or surgery focusing on major problems where conventional medicine fails.
- Proving a combination of autogenic training, Far Infrared heat therapy, biofeedback, and Past Life Therapy, Holistic Medicine evolved and continued in working with 30,000 individuals who had suffered from incapacitating pain, depression and the wide variety of problems that are not helped by conventional modern medicine. With a success rate of 85%, International Institute of Holistic Medicine was rated the most cost effective and most effective pain clinic in the U.S.
- American Medical Association
- Greene County Medical Society
- American Holistic Medical Association
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Association for Humanistic Psychology
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology & Biofeedback
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Preventive Medicine
Books by C. Norman Shealy