The American Health Council has welcomed Dr. Julio L. Garcia, M.D. as ” Best in Medicine” in recognition of his outstanding dedication in the field of Cosmetic Surgery.
Having amassed over 3 decades worth of experience as a Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Julio L. Garcia, M.D., is highly respected in the medical field. Dr. Garcia moved to the U.S from his birth town Havana, Cuba, and has fulfilled his aspirations to become an industry leader in body transformation treatments such as Body Contouring and Liposuction, as well as Facial Surgery. When delivering his treatments in his current role as a Plastic Surgeon at Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Clinic of Las Vegas, Dr. Garcia believes strongly in working together with his patients throughout the decision-making process to create the best treatment plan and make sure they make the right decision for them. He always provides his patients all the information they need before going ahead with any procedure.
With regards to his academic endeavors, Dr. Garcia studied at Northwestern University where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Art History in 1979. Following on from this, Dr. Garcia went on to achieve his Medical Degree from the University of Illinois in 1983. He then secured the opportunity to complete multiple residencies at the University of Illinois Medical Center from 1983 through to 1988.
In a continuous effort to broaden his knowledge and status, Mr. Garcia holds memberships with the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) and the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (ASERF). In addition, he is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
When reflecting upon his professional accolades, Dr. Garcia is honored to have been acknowledged by the International Association of Plastic Surgeons as a Leading Physician of the World and a Top Plastic Surgeon in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2016. Furthermore, he was also voted Top Doctors 2016 in the Vegas Inc HealthCare Quarterly 2016, Volume 12.
Share this entry
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Nevada Medical Association (Delegate)
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon: American Board of Plastic Surgery, November 1991
- Rocky Mountain Association of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Member, President 2005-6, 2006-7
- Lipoplasty Society of North America, Board of Directors 1995-2002
- Body Contouring Research Foundation, Board of Directors 2002-2009, Chairman 2008-2010
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Anti-Aging
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Nevada Medical Society 1988-present
- Clark County Medical Society: Member since 1989; Membership Committee 1990-1991/1996-99; Member, Board of Trustees 1994-99; Community Relations Committee 1994-1995; Membership Committee of Internal Affairs 1997-99
- Nevada Medical-Legal Screening Panel 1991-2003
- Tactical Physician for Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department SWAT/TEMS 2001-Present, Medical Director 2009
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal: Manuscript evaluation reviewer, 2009-present