Dr. Gain Lu, DDS, has been warmly welcomed as “Best in Medicine” by the American Health Council in recognition of her dedicated service to the dental profession. Dr. Lu is the Assistant Dental Director at Charles B. Wang Community Health Center in New York, New York. She has held this position for the past 7 years but has worked in the healthcare industry for over 14 years. This has allowed her to refine her expertise in general dentistry.
Dr. Lu holds a variety of qualifications that have supplied her with the expert dental knowledge necessary to provide the highest levels of care for her patients. She achieved a BA in 1997 and subsequently achieved her DDS qualification from New York University – College of Dentistry in 2002. She began her career as a General Practitioner of Dentistry and through her dedicated hard work has advanced her career to become an Assistant Dental Director at Charles B. Wang Medical Center.
The Charles B. Wang Community Health Center is proud to be non-profit, federally qualified and a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home. They are dedicated to making sure that all members of the community can access top quality healthcare, regardless of their financial situation, by creating health plans that meet each patient’s personal social and health needs. A variety of parties are involved in the creation of these plans including health educators, nutritionists and medical assistants, doctors, dentists, nurses, care managers and social workers. To support as many patients as possible the staff are able to speak a wide variety of languages including Mandarin, Taishanese, Cantonese, Fujianese, Vietnamese, Korean and Shanghainese to name a few. Services offered by the organization include internal medicine, women’s health, pediatric care, mental health, dental care, health education, nutrition, social services, health insurance enrollment, optometry, women, infants and children programs.
Day to day responsibilities of Dr. Lu include overseeing the medical center, meeting patients and conducting peer reviews. She is also a key figure in the dental community as she is affiliated with the American Dental Association (ADA), the New York State Dental Society (NYSDA), and the New York County Dental Society. She finds it a great honor to be able to help as many people as possible and make a difference to their lives. Dr. Lu credits her success to her parents who always motivated her to pursue her goals throughout her career.
Looking to the next 5 years, Dr. Lu wants to continue to grow within her field and to obtain a new office.
Outside of the workplace, Dr. Lu is proud to be a 1st degree black belt in Jiu-Jitsu and enjoys practicing in her free time. In addition, Dr. Lu gives back to the community through active involvement with Give Kids a Smile and various Health Fairs.
Assistant Dental Director at Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
- The Charles B. Wang Community Health Center is a nonprofit and federally qualified health center. Their mission is to ensure that all members the community are given access to healthcare, regardless of their ability to pay.
- As a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, Charles B. Wang aims to create a health plan that meets patient’s unique social and health needs. This includes collaboration from doctors, dentists, nurses, care managers, social workers, health educators, nutritionists and medical assistants.
- The Charles B. Wang Medical center is located in Chinatown, Manhattan and Flushing, Queens. They and in open 7 days a week. And their staff is fluent in many languages, including Mandarin, Cantonese, Taishanese, Shanghainese, Fujianese, Vietnamese, and Korean.
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- New York State Dental Society (NYSDA)
- New York County Dental Society