Dr. Glenn Talboy , Chairman of Surgery at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Physician at University Physician Associates has been recognized as a “Leader in Medicine” among “America’s Best Doctors” for 2017. He will be sharing his knowledge and expertise on General Surgery and Medicine.
With over two decades of experience in the field of General Surgery and Medicine, Dr. Talboy offers valuable insight in his role as Chairman of Surgery at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Physician at University Physician Associates. Dr. Talboy’s day-to-day responsibilities include spending sixty percent of his time overseeing surgical resident program, the department of surgery and the rest of the forty percent is spent in Surgery. The University Physician Associates is a multi-specialty medical group established in 1972. Staffed with more than two hundred fifty physicians, The University Physician Associates provides quality healthcare through training research and educational programs.
In 1993, Dr. Talboy received his medical degree from Creighton University. Subsequently, he completed his residency at the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 1998.
His desire to pursue the field of surgery developed from his passion for teaching and healthcare. Looking back, Dr. Talboy attributes his success to his strong work ethic and attending medical school later in life.
Among his many professional accolades, Dr. Talboy is most proud of several peer-reviewed papers and presenting at the American College of Surgeons. Due to his outstanding career in the field of surgery, Dr. Talboy has gained professional recognition as a multi-year recipient of the Teacher of the Year-UMKC Residency and the Pearson Teaching Award.
In his free time, Dr. Talboy enjoys fishing and his grandchildren. Considering the future, he anticipates the transition into retirement.
Share this entry
Physician at University Physician Associates
- University Physician Associate serves as a multi-specialty medical group faculty for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine’s undergraduate curriculum and its residency and fellowship programs.
- University Physician Associates has over 250 physicians on staff representing many different specialties.
- UPA is focused on providing for the medically indigent and other individuals who are in need of health care.
Chairman of Surgery at University of Missouri-Kansas City
- The Department of Surgery at the University of Missouri, Kansas City is on a mission to provide superior patient care, to train for the next generation of Surgeons, and advance the practice of surgical care through innovative scientific research
- The UMKC Department of Surgery was established in 1996. General Surgery Residencies have been a long standing part of the Kansas City area for well over 50 years. In the 1990s there were two UMKC associated General Surgery Residencies: one at Truman Medical Center and one at St Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City. These programs merged into one Surgery Residency in 1996 as the UMKC Department of Surgery, under the direction of the first Chairman, Dr L .Beaty Pemberton.
- Responsibilities as the Chairman of the University of Missouri-Kansas City include the oversight of the Surgical Residents Program