Dr. Jaime Steinsapir, Endocrinologist at Palm Beach Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists, PA has been selected to join the Physician Board at the American Health Council. He will be sharing his knowledge and expertise in Thyroid Disease and Diabetes.
Amassing over four decades in the field, Dr. Steinsapir excels in his current role as an Endocrinologist at Palm Beach Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists, PA. Serving multiple locations in Florida, Palm Beach Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists, PA is a pioneer in the fight against diabetes and other endocrine disorders, through patient education, goal setting, and individual involvement in a personalized treatment program. Each board-certified physician has extensive clinical practice, research, and teaching experience in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism.
Board Certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Steinsapir specializes in the treatment of diabetes, thyroid disease and other metabolic disorders. His day-to-day responsibilities include teaching students and residents at the University of Miami, seeing twenty-five patients per day, conducting clinical trials, and conducting research on diabetes and thyroid disease.
Following graduation summa cum laude with a medical degree from the University of Chile in 1975, Dr. Steinsapir earned his PhD in Endocrinology with distinction from the Medical College of Georgia in 1988. Subsequently, he completed a clinical endocrine fellowship at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in 1999. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and Fellow of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology.
Dr. Steinsapir maintains a membership with The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, The American College of Physicians, The American Diabetes Association, The American Board of Internal Medicine, and The International Society for Clinical Densitometry.
Looking back, Dr. Steinsapir attributes his success to receiving support from his family. His desire to pursue a career in healthcare developed after being inspired by his father, a fellow physician.
In his free time, Dr. Steinsapir enjoys playing chess and traveling.
Considering the future, Dr. Steinsapir hopes to expand his office and to continue teaching.
Share this entry
Endocrinologist at Palm Beach Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists, PA
- Palm Beach Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists, P.A. is pioneering the fight against diabetes and other endocrine disorders, through patient education, goal setting, and individual involvement in a personalized treatment program.
- For over 30 years our team specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diabetes and thyroid diseases and conditions at each of our locations in Wellington, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, and Jupiter.
- Our diabetes centers, located throughout Palm Beach County, offer a range of diabetes education services including diabetes classes, support groups, healthy meal planning workshops, and more. Losing weight and managing diabetes at the same time is a challenge and success depends on having the appropriate skills, knowledge, and support to achieve both goals.
- Effect of short-term iPRO continuous glucose monitoring on hemoglobin A1c levels in clinical practice.2012. PubMed
- Substrate-induced down-regulation of human type 2 deiodinase (hD2) is mediated through proteasomal degradation and requires interaction with the enzyme’s active center. 2000. PubMed
- Type 2 iodothyronine deiodinase in rat pituitary tumor cells is inactivated in proteasomes.1998. PubMed
- Metyrosine and pheochromocytoma. 1997. PubMed
- Androgenic Activity of Antiandrogens Predicted by Fit into DNA. 1994. PubMed
- Effect of 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone and dexamethasone on estrogen receptors of the anterior pituitary and uterus. 1992. PubMed