The American Health Council recognized Kyung Yoon, MD as “Best in Medicine” for her outstanding contributions to the medical field. An Emergency Department attending physician at Apollo MD in Georgia, Dr. Yoon treats patients suffering from a variety of ailments, including injuries. She evaluates patients and recommends exams and treatments for their conditions. While she has held her current role for over two years, Dr. Yoon has spent seven years in the healthcare industry expanding her skills and knowledge in emergency medicine.
Feeling helpless after witnessing a serious illness in her family, Dr. Yoon decided to pursue a career in the medical field to help others in similar situations. After earning a bachelor’s degree in biological sciences and sociology from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey — New Brunswick in 2004, she enrolled at Ross University School of Medicine and earned a medical degree in 2012 with honors. She later completed a residency in emergency medicine at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in 2016.
Dr. Yoon established a strong foundation for a prosperous career after accepting an emergency medicine physician role at ApolloMD, where she continues to deliver excellent patient care. To continue to garner comprehensive skills, Dr. Yoon is an active member of several professional associations, including the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Medicine Residents Association.
In her free time, Dr. Yoon enjoys spending time with her friends and family and relaxing on the beach. She volunteers to True North Missions, a non-profit organization that provides primary dental and medical care to underserved children in Guatemala, according to its official website. With a successful career at hand, Dr. Yoon attributes her achievements to her strong work ethic and support from her family. In the next five years, she would like to perform more outreach and mission work.
Share this entry
Emergency Department Attending Physician at ApolloMD
- ApolloMD offers leading multispecialty solutions for hospitals through a unique structure focused on excellent clinical operations and enhanced patient care.
- Emphasizing quality, efficiency, communication, and patient experience, ApolloMD works collaboratively with partner facilities to implement best practices and process improvement across the board.
- As the healthcare marketplace grows increasingly complex, hospitals and health systems are turning to trusted partners to ensure the provision of top quality, cost-effective patient care. With a multispecialty focus and national resources, ApolloMD offers scalable solutions for hospitals.
- Source: www.apollomd.com
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Emergency Medicine Residents Association