Board Certified in General and Addiction Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Jorandby utilizes her decade of expertise in the field of Medicine in her role as an Addiction Psychiatrist at Amen Clinic. Established in 1989 by Daniel G. Amen, MD, a highly-acclaimed brain health advocate and ten-time New York Times bestselling author, Amen Clinic neuropsychiatrist and brain health advocate and ten-time New York Times bestselling author, Amen Clinic serves as a world leading facility in the application of brain imaging science to tackle emotional issues, behavioral and learning challenges.
As an Addiction Psychiatrist at Amen Clinic, Dr. Jorandby’s day-to-day responsibilities include neuropsychiatric evaluations, and a holistic/ physical approach towards general psychiatric disorders and substance abuse treatment. Prior to her role at Amen Clinic, she worked as a staff psychiatrist and mental health supervisor at the Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic in Viera, Florida. Upon completion of a fellowship at Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Jorandby worked as a Medical Director in the Dual Diagnosis Unit at McLean Hospital and a faculty instructor at Harvard Medical School.
Following graduation cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Neuroscience from Vanderbilt University in 1994, Dr. Jorandby earned her medical degree from the University of Florida in 2002. She completed an internship and residency in psychiatry at the University of Florida in 2006. In 2015, Dr. Jorandby completed a fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine. She is Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and is double boarded by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in General Adult and Addiction Psychiatry.
Dr. Jorandby has served as the volunteer psychiatrist for Caridad Free Clinic ,the largest clinic serving the immigrant population in South Florida. She has also traveled with Missionary Flights International to Haiti. Additionally, she has worked as a Psychiatric/ Mental Health Liaison to the Florida State Legislature and a Physician for Space Coast Honor Flight for the WWII Veteran Service Organization.
Her commitment to excellence has led to recognition as Intern of the Year of her intern class. Dr. Jorandby was the recipient of the Resident Academic Excellence Award three years in a row and named Chief Resident in her fourth year at the University of Florida School of Medicine in Psychiatry.
Looking back, Dr. Jorandby attributes her success to receiving support from her parents and family. She pursued the field of Psychiatry after a personal experience with a family member suffering from mental health issues.
Recently, Dr. Jorandby was featured on a CNN International Segment (April 2016) providing insight on the correlation between LSD and mental health treatment. In June 2016, she served as psychiatric expert on Fox News Baltimore discussing PTSD in the wake of the Orlando Night Club Shooting. She has been the co-speaker for several local Washington, DC and Reston, Virginia area events educating the public on brain health, including engagements at Washington University, local NAMI groups and Amen Clinic seminars dedicated to brain trauma.
She has co-authored several peer-reviewed research publications and a book chapter tackling such topics as the treatment of co-occurring disorders in the veteran population, effects of marijuana on the brain, treatment of opioid use disorders, the novel pharmaceutical approaches to behavioral addictions, such as compulsive pornography use and the correlation between food and the brain reward system.
In her free time, Dr. Jorandby enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her family.
Share this entry
Addiction Psychiatrist at Amen Clinic
- Amen Clinics, Inc. was established in 1989 by Daniel G. Amen, MD, a highly acclaimed brain health advocate, double board certified psychiatrist, and ten-time New York Times bestselling author.
- Amen Clinics has the world’s largest database of functional brain scans relating to behavior, totaling over 120,000 scans on patients from 111 countries.
- Amen Clinics works with people to optimize brain function and decrease the risk for Alzheimer’s disease and other age-related issues.
- Discriminative Properties of Hippocampal Hypoperfusion in Marijuana Users Compared to Healthy Controls: Implications for Marijuana Administration in Alzheimer’s Dementia.2017. PubMed
- Characteristics of veterans receiving buprenorphine vs. methadone for opioid use disorder nationally in the Veterans Health Administration. 2016. PubMed
- Treatment of Compulsive Pornography Use With Naltrexone: A Case Report.2015. PubMed
- Genetic Polymorphisms Associated to Folate Transport as Predictors of Increased Risk for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Mexican Children. 2016. PubMed
- Corrigendum to “Characterization of the CYP2D6 drug metabolizing phenotypes of the Chilean mestizo population through polymorphism analyses” [Pharm. Res. 101 (November) (2015) 124-129]. 2016. PubMed
- Reply to the commentary: Estimating genotype and allele frequencies of the CYP2D6 gene.2016. PubMed