As an Associate Professor and Pain Physician at Professional Pain Associates in Woodbury, New Jersey, Dr. Linqiu Zhou brings to the healthcare industry 36 years of experience, including 6 years in his current position. The American Health Council is proud to recognize Dr. Zhou’s past and present feats in exceptional healthcare.
Holding an MD in Pain Management and Rehabilitation Pain Management from Southern Medical University (1984), Dr. Zhou has held medical residencies at the University of Pennsylvania Health System and Tenet Healthcare’s Graduate Hospital. He has also held a Fellowship at Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
Dr. Zhou possesses expertise in a precise diagnosis and treatment for chronic pain syndromes, spinal and musculoskeletal diseases. Dr. Zhou was named by his patients as “One shot Zhou” or as a “sniper”, because of his unique injection and pain procedure (such as spinal cord stimulation) skills.) This is due in part to his exceptional bed side skills in dealing with his patients.
Daily responsibilities consist of treating pain patients as well as patients with other medical conditions. Dr. Zhou strives to educate his patients, giving each of them a precise diagnosis, treatment as well as options.
Professional accomplishments of Dr. Zhou include his 50 publications and 100 presentations, and is honored to have been presented with the Technology and Science Award as well as the America’s Top Physicians Pain Management Awards. Dr. Zhou is professionally associated with the American Medical Association, The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The North American Neuromodulation Society, and The American Pain Society.
Dr. Zhou’s professional goals within the next five years as continuing to provide high-quality patient care, conducting clinical research, as well as being a good educator. He cites being a good husband and father as personal achievements and enjoys exercising and gardening in his free time.
Share this entry
Assistant Professor and Pain Physician at Professional Pain Association
- Dr. Zhou completed his Orthopedic Residency and Spine Fellowship in China before moving to the United States.
- He worked for several years as a visiting scholar at MCP Hahnemann before completing his second residency in Pain Management and Rehabilitation at the University of Pennsylvania.
- He is board certified by the American Board of Pain Management and Rehabilitation, with an extensive experience with the diagnosis and treatment of spinal and musculoskeletal disorders, and various pain syndromes.
- Dr. Zhou is known for his great bedside manner, as well as his clinical skills of thorough imaging review, evaluation, and detailed diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Dr. Zhou teaches in several medical universities as a professor, and has published more than 50 articles and chapters.
- He also invented several medical devices and received numerous awards including “America’s Top Physician” (2011, 2012 and 2013) in Pain Management, and serves for several journals as an editorial member. He is recognized nationally as an outstanding pain physician.