The American Health Council appointed Lorie Thompson, DO as “Best in Medicine” for her outstanding contributions to the medical field. A hospitalist at Connexis Medical Services in Bradenton, Florida, Dr. Thompson specializes in Palliative Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Internal Medicine. While she has held her current role for only a short period of time, Dr. Thompson has spent the last four years in the healthcare industry expanding her skills and knowledge.
Dr. Thompson decided to pursue a career in the medical field after spending long periods of time in the hospital when she was younger while battling an illness. The experience led her to eventually enroll at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, where she earned an Osteopathic Medicine degree in 2013. She eventually landed at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center. According to its official website, patients at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center have access to over 500 physicians and allied health professionals who practice in a comprehensive range of specialties and use the hospital’s advanced medical technology. Dr. Thompson is now currently employed at Connexis Medical Services where she practices Palliative Care. Connexis Medical Services provides in-home medical care through visits to private homes and assisted-living and skilled-nursing facilities in Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte and DeSoto counties. Dr. Thompson is also affiliated with Manatee Memorial Hospital, and Morton Plant Hospital – a part of BayCare Health System. Dr. Thompson is very detail-oriented and listens to her patients’ concerns in order to make them feel comfortable in a hospital setting.
Among her many professional accomplishments, Dr. Lorie Thompson is most proud of working hard to achieve her goal of becoming a doctor and helping others. She enjoys returning the same help she received as a child. She is also very proud of serving as a role model for others and remaining attentive to her patients. To continue to expand her skills — and share her knowledge with her peers — she is a member of the American Osteopathic Association.
In her free time, Dr. Thompson enjoys spending time with her dog and family, as well as ballroom dancing and traveling. She attributes her success to her parents, her professors and the physicians who cared for her as a child. Committed to continuing her mission as a doctor, she plans to start her own practice in the future to continue to offer patients high-quality care.
Share this entry
Hospitalist at Connexis Medical Services – Palliative Care
- Connexis Medical Services provides in-home medical care through visits to private homes and assisted-living and skilled-nursing facilities in Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte and DeSoto counties.
- Connexis also offers medical facilities that do not have an on-site medical director compliance and regulatory support.
- Connexis Palliative Care provides in-patient symptom and stress relief for patients at Manatee Memorial Hospital.
Source: Connexis Medical Services
Affiliated with Manatee Memorial Hospital
- Manatee Memorial Hospital in Bradenton, Florida, has served the citizens of Manatee, Sarasota and surrounding counties for 65 years. Part of the Manatee Healthcare System, the hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.
- The 319-bed hospital with over 550 physicians, residents and allied health professionals, offers advanced healthcare services in a caring and compassionate environment.
Source: Manatee Memorial Hospital
Affiliated with Morton Plant Hospital – a part of BayCare Health System
- Founded in 1916, Morton Plant Hospital was the first hospital built in northern Pinellas County. In 2019, Morton Plant Hospital continues to be a leader in its field, having been nationally recognized by IBM Watson Health as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the country for the 7th time.
- The 613-bed facility provides highly technical and specialized care to more than 50,000 patients annually and works in more than 50 specialty areas. With the recent opening of the Doyle Tower, Morton Plant Hospital continues its transformation to meet the future health care needs of the community.
- The tower offers an additional main entrance to the hospital and a new surgical center, and the women’s services and orthopedics units feature large private rooms. All are designed to be more efficient and to improve patient, visitor and physician experience.
Affiliated with Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center has become the hospital of choice for many families in Manatee and Sarasota counties in Florida.
- Since it opened in September 2004, the hospital has earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission. The Gold Seal of Approval is recognized across the nation as a symbol of quality that shows the hospital’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
- Patients at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center have access to a medical staff of more than 500 physicians and allied health professionals who practice in a comprehensive range of specialties, and use the hospital’s advanced medical technology.