Ms. Kathryn Wall has been warmly welcomed as Best in Medicine by the American Health Council in recognition of her extensive achievements in oncology and her knowledge regarding information systems. Ms. Wall is based in Charlotte, North Carolina and has been in her role of Senior Manager of Professional Services at Varian Medical Systems for the past 2 years. In total, she has been working in the healthcare industry for over 24 years.
Ms. Wall was inspired to become involved in her profession following her extensive background in the management of Cancer Centers. In addition, she holds an impressive 24 years of experience in compliance which led to her appointment in her current role. Her knowledge is grounded in the two degrees/certifications that she holds. She graduated from Queens College Charlotte, NC in 1980 with an Associates Degree and in 1982 she graduated from The University of Virginia with her Radiation Therapist Certification.
Varian Medical Systems is dedicated to their ultimate goal of saving as many lives as possible by trying to create new tools for fighting cancer, taking X-ray images and protecting ports and borders. They are experts in harnessing the power of X-ray energy to benefit humankind and recently they have spearheaded developments in radiosurgery, cargo screening, X-ray tube technology, radiotherapy, digital image detectors and non-destructive testing to name but a few. They are proud to have relationships with a number of the world’s leading clinicians and manufacturers alongside an extensive product portfolio.
The responsibilities of Ms. Wall at Varian Medical Systems include selling the Varian Oncology Information Systems needed for medical, surgical, and radiation. Alongside this, she also sells Equicare CS for navigation and survivorship care.
Ms. Wall has been recognized for her achievements in the field on numerous occasions. She was honored with the title of Chairman Board of Directors in 2006 and the President Award in 2004 from the Society for Radiology Oncology Administrators (SROA). She also holds a Distinguished Service Award. Similarly, to expand her knowledge Ms. Wall is affiliated with the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the Society for Radiology Oncology Administrators (SROA) and is actively involved with them both.
Ms. Wall credits her success to her passion for Oncology and the credibility she has established over the course of her career. She has always maintained her focus and kept her priorities in order.
Looking to the future, within the next 5 years, Ms. Wall wants to be able to triple her service in order to have her clients invest less and reap more benefits.
In her free time, Ms. Wall enjoys listening to music and choir singing.
Share this entry
Director North American Professional Services at Varian Medical Systems
- Varian Medical Systems has a mission is to focus energy on saving lives. Their goal is to create new tools for fighting cancer, taking X-ray images, and protecting ports and borders.
- Varian is comprised of tools that harness the power of X-ray energy to benefit humankind. In recent decades, they have pioneered developments in the fields of radiotherapy, radiosurgery, X-ray tube technology, digital image detectors, cargo screening, and non-destructive testing. With a robust product portfolio, and long-standing relationships with many of the world’s leading clinicians and manufacturers of industrial and medical imaging systems.
- Varian continues to grow, with a staff of over 6,500 people in 70 sales and support offices around the globe is developing innovative, cost-effective solutions that help make the world a healthier, more secure place.
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Society for Radiology Oncology Administrators (SROA).