Dr. Joseph M. Geskey, DO, MBA, MS-PopH has been honored as “Best in Medicine” for his contributions and expertise in Chronic Disease Management, treating patients who possess limited health literacy. As of January 2020, Dr. Geskey has started a role as a Principal, Data Science & Member Insights for Vizient Inc.
Dr. Geskey holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from King’s College, an MBA from the University of Massachusetts, and a DO in Osteopathic Medicine from the University of New England. His major areas of study included Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, and was the first in his family to achieve a degree in higher education. Dr. Geskey took it upon himself to pursue a career in medicine after experiencing his father go through cancer, his cognitive functions declining as a result.
Prior to his position at Vizient Inc, Dr. Geskey was the Vice President of Medical Affairs at Ohio Health. While in that position, Dr. Geskey would perform day to day quality treatments for the hospital’s clinical patients with deficient healthcare literacy, as well as working within internal medicine and pediatrics. Currently, he conducts nationally recognized in-home education visits for these same patients, reducing 30-day readmission rates for patients with COPD and CHF by 40 percent.
Professional associations which Dr. Geskey is a part of include The American College of Physicians, The American Academy of Pediatrics, The American Society of Hospital Medicine, and The American Association for Physician Leadership.
Dr. Geskey is making it a professional goal of his to continue developing national curriculum, and addressing his patients’ need for affordable care. He cites his marriage and fatherhood as personal achievements, and enjoys exercising and writing in his spare time.
Share this entry
Principal, Data Science & Member Insights for Vizient Inc.
- Vizient is the nation’s leading health care performance improvement company
- Serving more than half of the health care organizations across the United States – from large integrated delivery networks and academic medical centers to community hospitals, pediatric facilities and non-acute care providers.
- As a provider-driven organization, Vizient Inc. represents scale in data, insights and purchasing power to help members perform at their best.
Previous Vice President of Medical Affairs at Ohio Health Doctors Hospital
- Ohio Health is a family of not-for-profit, faith-based hospitals and healthcare organizations who have been serving patients in central Ohio since 1981.
- As they grow, so does the belief that people come first. That every patient, no matter who they are and no matter which of their many hospitals or healthcare services they choose, deserves the very best care.
- Ohio Health provides individualized care and sharing the latest knowledge and innovations across the entire Ohio Health system.